Thursday, August 4, 2011

LABORS TIME TO ROAR

Next week August 9th Wisconsin has 6 recall elections.  It’s time to see if the outrage that was manifest earlier this year at Governor Walker and his minions in the legislature is still percolating or people have just accepted  being gouged by the Republicans.  My hope is that all six of the Republicans go down in defeat, but I think that is just wishful thinking on my part.  In Ohio this fall, they have on the ballot the attempt to do away with Governor Kasich’s attack on labor. I think I like this approach more than Wisconsin’s for the simple reason if  labor wins in Ohio the bill doesn’t take effect. In Wisconsin the law will be the same, but at least it will stop any more attacks by the Republicans for the time being. My other hope is if these things turn the way I want, maybe the national Democrats will grow a set, and get out there and fight for the working people instead of caving at every turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment