Monday, June 8, 2009

A STRANGE VIEW

A  few weeks ago I read a blog.  Basically it was an attack on "over paid factory workers" it was stated that there are 85 dollar an hour fork truck drivers out there. . Well being a good union man I politely responded by stating that factory workers are not over paid, and most of us didn't have the opportunity to go to college. Plus could I have the name of the place where they paid that much, because I would like to apply there.  The response was  unexpected. She stated that I was angry and jealous of  the fact she went to college, and she told me how hard it was for her to do that. The thing that really startled me though was that her husband drives fork truck.  She stated she would be angry if he made that much money and hour.   The only thing I can think of for her anger is that she thinks just because she went to college she is entitled to more, and the worker bees are lucky to get anything.  I would think someone who has gone to college would be more enlightened in this day in age.

No comments:

Post a Comment