Sunday, March 11, 2012

PAT ROBERTSON & DRUGS


I find myself in the awkward position of agreeing with something Pat Robertson the old self-proclaimed evangelist said.  He is for the legalization of pot. I have been an advocate of legalization for years.  First let me say that I don’t use any drug of any sort including alcohol.  Pot is used casually by millions of people.  Why criminalize a drug that is being used, and isn’t going to be stopped by anything we do as a society.  If you want to put an age limit on it that's fine. We could use the same laws that are used for alcohol today.  The money saved in enforcement would be tremendous and I am sure there would be taxes on the sale of pot. This money could go to treatment or anything the state wants.  I am not sure Mr. Robertson is serious, because a man like him usually has an ulterior motive, but for now let’s take him at face value.

No comments:

Post a Comment