Sunday, February 12, 2012

THREAT?


I recently wrote a letter to the editor in a local newspaper.  It pertained to another person’s take on President Obama’s State of the Union speech.  The rules for this paper are you can’t actually refer to the person writing the other letter or be insulting in anyway.  The final passage of my letter was as follows:
If the GOP gets its way, there will be two classes of people in this country — them and the rest of us.  I was referring to the fact they are trying to push this class warfare theme.  Of course class warfare only applies to things they agree with, and ignores their attacks on the middle class; poor, and labor and unions.  So I get a call from a loony right-wing nut that goes on a rant about how I don’t know anything and I better wake up before it’s too late.  I guess I could have taken this as a threat, but what I take from it is that statement I made about them and the rest of us true.  Disagreement is an idea they can’t accept or abide by when it comes to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment