Monday, January 24, 2011

Religious Intolerance

This is from last week, but I just got around to it today. The newly elected governor of Alabama was quoted as saying "So anyone here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother, and you're not my sister,and I want to be your brother,"

Is this uncommon rhetoric? I don't think so, but from a elected official it is. These loonies never see that they are the cause of more heartache and suffering than anyone else. Look back in history and you will see a lot of death has been caused because one group or another doesn't conform to someone else's idea of what is right. Today we have the radical Muslim who hate the Christians, or the Christians who hate the Jews. Or like the governor of Alabama who has to denegrate other people, it goes on and on.

I see it as one group or another who has to validate their ideas because it makes them feel superior to the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment